The Best 50
Be immersed in the diverse world of chocolate through a selection from the four cocoa-producing regions of the world: Africa and the Indian Ocean, Asia, Pacific and Australia, Central America and the Caribbean, and South America.
The Chocolate Treasure Box
The Cocoa of Excellence chocolate box provides a unique taste experience, where the stories of 50 cocoa origins unfold. The box features the work of families and communities that have carefully produced the cocoa beans used to craft the superior quality chocolate that is now available to you.
When tasting these chocolates, not only will you recognise their excellence, but you will also explore the background of the producers who made these fantastic and diverse flavours possible.
By recognising the know-how and value of these producers of excellence, you will come to realise that without their work, there is no great chocolate. A glimpse of cocoa diversity will be uncovered through the vast range of flavour and colour that makes each of the 50 chocolates unique. While the chocolate recipe for each is exactly the same, without added flavours, all 50 chocolates display a diversity of flavours because of one key feature — the cocoa beans.
With the conscious selection of chocolate and recognition of its producers, origins and diversity, the features that make the enjoyment of this box so remarkable can be preserved. Click here for more information about each of the producers.
The 2019 Edition in numbers:
- 55 cocoa-producing country origins participated
- 223 cocoa bean samples received at the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT
- 221 samples accepted and processed into liquor for evaluation
- 7 international expert panellists of the Technical Committee evaluated all liquor samples
- 50 best samples selected and processed into chocolate for evaluation and promotion of producers
- 35 chocolatiers and sensory evaluation experts analysed the selected 50 best chocolate samples
- 20 cocoa bean samples attributed the 2019 International Cocoa Award
- 50 best samples, including the 20 International Cocoa Awards, featured in the limited edition 2019 Cocoa of Excellence chocolate box
Ingredients: cocoa beans (61%), cane sugar, cocoa butter, emulsifier: soy lecithin – 65% cocoa solids minimum
Contains soy. May contain traces of nuts, peanuts and milk.
|Nutritional value||per 100 g|
|Energy||530 kcal/2219 kJ|
|of which saturated||23 g|
|of which sugars||34 g|
Total net weight (chocolates) 300g – 10.7 oz.