This website is about the Cocoa of Excellence Treasure Box. The Cocoa of Excellence Programme is coordinated by the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT. ClearChox and Cocoa of Excellence partner. The data you enter at ordering will be shared with the Cocoa of Excellence Programme for statistical purposes – giving the fact that the box of the fifty best 2019 cocoa’s is the first time and can be considered as a pilot, Cocoa of Excellence might ask for your opinion by questionaires or otherwise.
Although the AVG – the Dutch implementation of the EU General Data Protection Regulation – applies to consumers in principle, ClearChox wants to be clear about your data. That is how we deal with it (with the exception of what is stated above):
- The data we have from you are the necessary data we need to send your orders administratively and legally correct, as well as the communication via e-mail or telephone around it.
- You can change your data as long as legally permitted, but not the data that belong to already processed orders.
- If you, as a visitor, leave a comment on our website, the data you have entered will be recorded as well as your IP address.
- Our so-called front end works under WordPress. At your visit (e.g. a response to the site), an anonymized string is created based on your email address and can be sent to the Gravatar-service, if you use this. Once your response has been approved, your profile picture provided through the Gravatar service will be visible in the context of the response.
- You can only unsubscribe from the newsletter if we do not (or no longer) have a business relationship. We also use the newsletter to communicate changes in rates and conditions.
- We do not sell your details, nor do we make them available to a third party, unless this is necessary for the execution of your order, such as our fulfillment company. An exception to this may be if ClearChox is taken over or merged.
- We will retain your data for as long as this is legally necessary.
- We have taken appropriate technical organisational and operational measures to protect your data.
- Your data is protected by means of a login name (your e-mail address) and an extra secure password that you ultimately choose and keep.
- If you pay directly and not by invoice, the payment provider Sisow will be used to process payments.
- For the processing of newsletters we use the services of SendinBlue.
Why do we process personal data? (For consumers only)
- To process your payment in related with the order;
- To send your order;
- For sending any letters, invitations and offers by post;
- For financial administration, SKAL (Dutch organic) control and tax return;
- For sending newsletters by e-mail or otherwise via the Internet. You have signed up for this yourself and can also unsubscribe. Provision to third parties
ClearChox uses third parties for the shipment of orders, i.e. a fulfillment company that assembles, packages and labels the order and provides the delivery service, the postal company or a parcel service. These third parties therefore receive your name and address details as well as e-mail, for the handling of your order and transport to the address you have provided. These third parties must also keep your data for a legally required period of time.
We do not pass on data to other parties with whom we do not enter into a processing agreement. Furthermore, we will not pass on your data to third parties, unless this is required and permitted by law.
In principle, we do not keep your data longer than is legally or socially necessary.
From a technical point of view, given the nature of the company, we have taken more than sufficient security measures. But nothing is certain. The ClearChox employees:
- Use a login name and password to enter the system.
- They will also be able to see and, if necessary, change your details.
- We make backups that remain with our provider and are sent to us as external storage in case of calamities.
You have the right to inspect, correct or delete your data at any time, provided that this does not conflict with other legal obligations. Ask your ClearChox contact person..
Amendment of privacy statement
We may change our privacy statement, but always within the limits prescribed by law.
In principle, ClearChox uses standard software for webshops, mailings and analyses. We do so to let happily work with our website.
The cookies we use do not store any personal or confidential information about you, other than what is necessary to place and process your order. If you have disabled cookies in your browser, certain parts of this website may not be accessible or usable.
ClearChox uses the following cookies in the following categories:
Cookies that are essential for the operation of the site
Certain cookies are essential to ensure that you are able to view and access the site in the correct language and that the site is displayed correctly and efficiently based on the browser, operating system and screen resolution you are using. Without these cookies it would not be possible to view certain pages correctly or set your own club as the default. Due to the essential nature of these cookies, it is not possible to refuse them and still view the ClearChox website.
Third Party Cookies
Cookies from third parties are used to allow you, user of our website, among others, to log in. And more. The cookies we use fall into the categories below:
Cookies in this category enable us to count the number of visitors to our website and track their route. The same applies to our newsletter. We want our website to function as well as possible and that the newsletters contain the information you want to read.
Web beacons and cookies in HTML mail
Our emails may contain one unique web beacon per campaign to let us know if our emails are opened and to check if links or advertisements are clicked on in the email message. Among other things, we may use this information to determine which of our emails are more interesting to users and to ask whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving these messages. The web beacon is removed when you delete the email. If you do not want the web beacon to be downloaded to your device, you will need to set up emails from us as plain text instead of HTML when you receive them.
If you do not want to be tracked by Google Analytics, visit
If you do not want to be tracked by Microsoft, visit
If you do not want to be tracked byYahoo, go to http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/uk/yahoo/
In most browsers it is possible to manage cookies via the browser settings. If you would like to know more about cookies, for example how to see which cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
When you visit our login page, we store a temporary cookie to check if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is deleted as soon as you close your browser.
Once you log in, we will store some cookies related to your login information and screen display options. Login cookies are valid for 2 days and screen display cookies for 1 year. If you select “Remember me”, your login will be saved for 2 weeks. Once you log out of your account, login cookies will be deleted.